Intel Iris Xe i5-1135G7 Acer Mini Desktop Revo Box RN96 weird flickering

MarciG
MarciG Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited April 2022 in Windows 11

Hello! I got Acer Mini Desktop Revo Box RN96 with Intel i5-1135G7 generation and Intel Iris Xe graphic, 16 GB RAM. I wonder why lately out of sudden it gets black screen and then the text and graphic starts to flicker. The issue disappear when I restart the PC but that's not a solution when after a few hours or a day it reappears again. I tried to plug the PC to the HDMI, Display Port on both TV and Monitor and the same issue is happening. I realised that it flickers even more whenever I type or move a mouse. The system is Windows 11, drivers and updates are updated to the newest. I tried the other drivers for Intel Iris Xe but it didn't change anything. I wonder what the problem it might be? Hardware issue? Driver issue? I send a photo of a text during the flickering so maybe someone knows what's that.

{ edited the title to add model name } 

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,432 Trailblazer
    Search 'restore point' in Win start menu. Click 'create a restore point' near top of menu. If System Protection is  turned on in the box that pops up, click SystemRestore button. Click next. Do you see an auto restore point with a date stamp about when the issue surfaced?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @MarciG,

Is it occurs in BIOS page also. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,432 Trailblazer
    Search 'restore point' in Win start menu. Click 'create a restore point' near top of menu. If System Protection is  turned on in the box that pops up, click SystemRestore button. Click next. Do you see an auto restore point with a date stamp about when the issue surfaced?

Jack E/NJ