I have a laptop A315-21-95KF

DennisDiG
DennisDiG Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited April 2022 in Windows 11
How much will Acer charge me to make my laptop capable of running windows 11?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    Sorry, right now it can't be made to run the current Win11 version. Maybe it  will change later in the year. You should keep checking this link for Win11 to appear. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7208?b=1 Right now only Win10 appears

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    The cost for an upgrade to support W11 is exactly the same as the cost for a new laptop, since all you need for W11 is a new laptop. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Yes, billsey  I almost agree.

But an upgrade of this exact Win10 A315-21-95KF model, if at all possible, might cost even more than a brand new Win11 laptop. Maybe even a lot more. Maybe even twice as much.

So, even at twice the price of a new Win11 laptop, would you still recommend upgrading this very nice Win10 model that runs Win10 perfectly fine so it can run a buggy but newer Win11 upgrade not too well?     

Jack E/NJ

• DennisDiG
    DennisDiG Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Thanks for answering my question. when i have the money i will upgrade to a new laptop that is capable of running windows 11
  • JackE
    Why do you want to run Win11? Did someone tell you that it's better than Win10?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    I like W11 much more than W10, but then I'm an IT professional, so use a lot of the security bits that are included. Every machine I have that's capable of running W11 has been upgraded with zero issues.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.