Why does this Acer C24, which I have had only 2 months, go into black screen randomly?

delonewolfs
delonewolfs Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2022 in All-In-One PCs
My new Acer C24 has been randomly going to black screen for several weeks. Today I unplugged and reseated the flimsy power supply. (I'm hoping that is the only reason for the issue.) It seems to be behaving at the moment. Do you provide a power supply for this unit that is not as flimsy? I searched for answers on this. One of the solutions was to update the drivers, but they are already showing up to date, as I have had this desktop for only 2 months.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,893 Trailblazer
    My new Acer C24 has been randomly going to black screen for several weeks. Today I unplugged and reseated the flimsy power supply. (I'm hoping that is the only reason for the issue.) It seems to be behaving at the moment. Do you provide a power supply for this unit that is not as flimsy? I searched for answers on this. One of the solutions was to update the drivers, but they are already showing up to date, as I have had this desktop for only 2 months.
    The Aspire C24’s Power Supply AC Adapter Charger is the design that it is, there are no other alternatives unless you mod the AIO completely and you will lose the warranty on this product! Make sure that you plug the plug in fully and inspect the C24’s 5.5mm plug that its not lose and/or the AIO’s power slot is not faulty or this plug is not lose, as that could be a cause of your problem. If that is the case then send this AIO to Acer for them to change the side plug for a new one as that should not be happening as this plug should fit snugly and tightly into its slot, plus your Acer product is under warranty for such problems for Acer to fix.