Solved problem of the Headset Mic not being recognised - Acer A515-43 running Windows 11

Dobbin
Dobbin Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2022 in Windows 11
I spent a good few hours in Acer  A515-43  tracking this one down. Most of the on-line solutions dive straight into driver updates and Windows settings, none of which solved the problem. I eventually stumbled across the Realtek Audio Console app  and launched that. 

Select the Device Advanced Settings tab, plug in your headset and select the Headset option from the Connector Retasking dialog (see screenshot). After doing this, no problem.

See the second screenshot for my driver and Realtek app versions.

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    Thanks for tip.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Yes, when the option is first presented to the user (when a new device is plugged into the port) there's a little checkmark that says "don't ask me this again". If you select the wrong type and the checkmark you have to jump through those hoops to get is back to correct.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    billsey>>> (when a new device is plugged into the port) there's a little checkmark that says "don't ask me this again". If you select the wrong type and the checkmark you have to jump through those hoops to get is back to correct.>>>

Yes, I agree. 

Jack E/NJ