Aspire Z24-880 USB Device issue - yellow flag

Options
Arkangel
Arkangel Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a Aspire Z24-880-UR13 that I just did a clean Windows 10 install on. Now I have an error on a usb device. The error is, Unkown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) - Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&2aa4e523&0&6 was configured.

Driver Name: usb.inf
Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.19041.488
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: BADDEVICE.Dev.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
Matching Device Id: USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE
Outranked Drivers: usb.inf:USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE:00FF2000
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&24a4f7bc&0&0

I have installed all the available drives that were available at Acer support, but the issue remains. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,778 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Arkangel try to uninstall that driver with a yellow flag.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Arkangel
    Arkangel Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @AnhEZ28  I have uninstalled it, and it simply reflags on reboot. I have also removed all usb devices that are external so whatever it is, it's definitely something internal. I am hoping that with the hardware id being posted someone will know what is causing the issue. I think it might be bluetooth related as the support site shows a bluetooth driver for this model pc; yet there is no associated bluetooth currently working, and yes I have installed the bluetooth driver available from support.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    It's not the USB controller that is having issues, it's whatever device is in that port. The Device Descriptor Failed message says the system tried to ask the device what it was, but got garbage in return. First step is to unplug everything from all USB ports, then plug only a keyboard and mouse in in order to boot up. In that mode, do you still have the same issue in Device Manager? If so plug your other USB devices in and see when the error occurs, then deal with that device. If you still see the issue with everything disconnected (and just to make sure, try unplugging the keyboard and mouse with Device Manager up) then the device is one of the internal devices. What else isn't working? It could be Bluetooth, or a touchpad, or a camera, or ...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options

1. Unplug the USB Drive.
    2. Turn off the System.
    3. Allow System to set for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
    4. Restart the System.
    5. Plug-in the USB Drive.

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/fix-error-code-43-usb-devices-windows-10/