Hello may I ask why my TravelMate P214-52 has loud cpu fan noises and how do I fix it? Thank you

zhian
zhian Member Posts: 2 New User
So basically it overheats when I play for like just a minute or even browse after 5 minutes, and that is probably the reason why it has lodu cpu fan noises. So my main question here is how do I fix it. Thank you.
TravelMate P214-52

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    zhian said:
    So basically it overheats when I play for like just a minute or even browse after 5 minutes, and that is probably the reason why it has lodu cpu fan noises. So my main question here is how do I fix it. Thank you.
    TravelMate P214-52

Open your TravelMate P214-52 up and clean all its vents and fan blades as its probably full of felt and dirt, also and if you get a noise from your fan, it could be that your fans bearings are faulty and you need to replace the fan with a new one, which is best practice for an older laptop (get the part number from the fan itself or look up under TravelMate P214-52 CPU Fan) and look it up on eBay or Amazon, as these fans are cheap and not hard to replace. After all that repaste the cpu with a thin layer all over the top of the cpu paste surface with a high quality paste like Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme, as all this should fix and make your TravelMate P214-52 perform much cooler and without a fan noise.

TravelMate P214-52 CPU Fan

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    zhian said:
    TravelMate P214-52

Open your TravelMate P214-52 up and clean all its vents and fan blades as its probably full of felt and dirt, also and if you get a noise from your fan, it could be that your fans bearings are faulty and you need to replace the fan with a new one, which is best practice for an older laptop (get the part number from the fan itself or look up under TravelMate P214-52 CPU Fan) and look it up on eBay or Amazon, as these fans are cheap and not hard to replace. After all that repaste the cpu with a thin layer all over the top of the cpu paste surface with a high quality paste like Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme, as all this should fix and make your TravelMate P214-52 perform much cooler and without a fan noise.

TravelMate P214-52 CPU Fan

• zhian
    zhian Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you so much for your help, God bless you