TC-1660 i7 + GTX1660 downgrade

martur
martur Member Posts: 2 New User
Dear Support, I need to temporary remove the GTX1660 from my system. First surprise is that ports on motherboard are masked by tape, second, if I remove the GTX1660, pc do not start and bios beeps (1 long, 2 short repeated continuously) signaling there is no vga (but i7 should provide vga). But the big problem is I have a gtx1050ti low profile from asus that may be ok to replace the 1660 while I need it, but it works only one time (post is displayed, windows works fine) after the board switch. After the first power cycle (off, then on), the pc seems to perform a double restart (fan on... few seconds power off then restart then fan on again) the board is no more detected and bios beeps. I'm on bios R01-A4, with firmware EC FW 1.01. The GTX1050ti is UEFI compliant and also GOP firmware is updated to last version. Also I can confirm that the board works perfectly on original pc and on at least other 4 pc I've tested (almost all UEFI based). So I'm starting to think that there is some incompatibility with TC-1660 bios.

Any way to help ?

Thank you in advance

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,091 Pathfinder
    @martur what is your CPU full name? If it ends with an F, it means that the CPU doesn't have an integrated GPU. Make sure that your GPU is in properly.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • martur
    martur Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2022
    Thank you for your prompt reply, AnhEZ28. Good point... I've not notice it. You are right, the cpu is i7-11700F... so no graphics inside.

So now the only (and biggest) problem is to make the 1050ti working. And yes, the board is in properly (as I've written, after the board switch, system works properly also for hours, until power off and on again).