Ph315-52 Drivers for windows 11?

BinBagel
BinBagel Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
edited March 2022 in Windows 11
Hiya, I have a Ph315-52 with a 1660ti and 9750h from 2019. I've noticed that drivers and bios hasn't been updated for windows 11, barely even updating at all for a while. Other models from that year seem to be getting decent support for both 10 and 11 so what happened with this? Updating to 11 hasn't been the greatest and i've noticed that undervolting was broken until i had to turn off settings in the bios to get it working again. Is there any word on there ever being another update or did Acer just give up on this model?

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    @BinBagel

Kindly go through the details from link 

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7983?b=1

Able to see the drivers only for Windows 10  32 bit and 64 bit 
    Unable to see the drivers for windows 11 

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.      Acer will be working to update the drivers.    Please look at the link every two months to check the latest update. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    With dozens of different helios models plus hundreds of nitro and aspire models to update for Win11, the updates will eventually appear. Don't hold your breath though.

As advised in earlier threads, don't even think about installing Win11 before your model appears BOTH in ACER's Win11 compatibility list  AND OEM Win11 drivers appear in the ACER download site. In other words, ignore Microsoft's hype that Win11 is great and your machine is ready for it.

About all I can suggest at the moment  if you find that it's not that great, is to sit tight or try iobit's DriverBooster freeware and/or similar driver tools to see if it'll pick up anything better on line till the OEM Win11 drivers appear on the ACER download site.

Jack E/NJ

• BinBagel
    BinBagel Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    JackE said:
    With dozens of different helios models plus hundreds of nitro and aspire models to update for Win11, the updates will eventually appear. Don't hold your breath though.

As advised in earlier threads, don't even think about installing Win11 before your model appears BOTH in ACER's Win11 compatibility list  AND OEM Win11 drivers appear in the ACER download site. In other words, ignore Microsoft's hype that Win11 is great and your machine is ready for it.

About all I can suggest at the moment  if you find that it's not that great, is to sit tight or try iobit's DriverBooster freeware and/or similar driver tools to see if it'll pick up anything better on line till the OEM Win11 drivers appear on the ACER download site.

I checked that compatibility list and my model shows up on it. Will probably look into downgrading back to windows 10. haven't been enjoying my time on 11 since it came out
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022

I checked that compatibility list and my model shows up on it. Will probably look into downgrading back to windows 10. haven't been enjoying my time on 11 since it came out

BinBagel look, Win-11 installs most of the drivers that your PH315-52 needs and those that are problematic you can replace them with the Win-10 drivers anyway, for example and in my case as I can speak from experience, with my Nitro 5 AN515-56 I’ve done a clean install of Win-11 and I had Win-10 OEM with this laptop. All my drivers ARE NOT Acer drivers for Win-11 that are listed in the Driver & Manual page (as they are usually ancient anyway and not the latest) for my laptop, the only driver that I used is the Bluetooth driver which is a Win-10 driver as the Win-11 driver does NOT WORK with my Intel Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi/Bluetooth combo card drivers.

So you don't need these Acer specific Win-11 drivers as you either get them from Microsoft when Win-11 is installed or you go to the specific manufacturers products and you get the Win-11 drivers from and like e.g. NVIDIA graphics drivers and of course the Intel graphics, chipset, audio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth drivers that can be updated with installing the Intel Driver Support Assistant which installs all appropriate Intel drivers for Win-11 but and I must warn you, that you may have problems with Bluetooth Intel Win-11 drivers  for and especially the Killer AX1650i card but NOT this cards Win-11 Intel Killer Wi-Fi driver as that works 100% with the last drivers versions for Win-11. All in all that is the only driver problem I’ve had and it was perfectly subsidised by the Win-10 drive that works 100% and faultlessly, so don’t be scared off as Win-11 is not much different to Win-10 it’s an offshoot of Win-10 and only another means of MS making more money and regulating their future OS systems with modern hardware by implementing Win-11.