warzone/ps5/ed320q acer monitor

Options
lostnoob
lostnoob Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello. I play games on ps5. my 55inch tv has terrible input lag so i purchased a 31.5 curved screen 1900x1080p 240hz 1ms acer monitor.

im tech illiterate. i plugged it in, it worked well on default settings. much less lag than my 55inch, but i realized i was still only getting 60hz. Playstation 5 is limited to 120hz. i enabled performance mode on my ps5, and tried a few settings on the monitor.... but performance and graphics went way down.

could someone point me to something that will allow me to have the best performance? i dont mind poor graphics, but im getting huge shadows now, or the screen is too dark, or theres input lag. im really struggling.

could someone point to some settings (for ps5, and for the monitor. if you could include warzone settings too thatd be fantastic but not needed) that will minimize my input lag ? i cant find anything.

pretty please

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I'm tech illiterate. i plugged it in, it worked well on default settings.>>>

Then you should leave it at default till you register with a PlayStation users forum at this link  Post your issue there. 60Hz refresh rates are fairly standard when trying to mix Sony computers with other monitor brands. If you haven't done so already, you should also register and try to get help on the PlayStation support site

Jack E/NJ

• lostnoob
    Options
    uhm the PlayStation 5 isnt the issue... its the monitor... right? the ps5 settings are straight forward. luckily i called acer support and got a man who couldn't speak English. luckily my monitor didnt come with any information inside the box, and i couldnt find the booklet on this site. also luckily, i can return the monitor and buy one that has instructions and or customer support. 

but i really appreciate you pointing out that i COULD run it at an abysmal 60hz, cuz thats why i purchased a monitor. to run at 60. -_-
  • lostnoob
    Options
    thank you for the reply tho, youre better than the guy they paid to butcher the english language. probably the best advice i got so far. playstation support tends to speak fluent english at least.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>> i plugged it in, it worked well on default settings.>>> the PlayStation 5 isnt the issue... its the monitor... right?>>>i really appreciate you pointing out that i COULD run it at an abysmal 60hz, cuz thats why i purchased a monitor. to run at 60. ->>>

Ima little confused here. Did it or did it  not run well at 60Hz? I'm not sure which has the issue? But sounds like settings for both need some tweaking in order to play nice together. You can download the ED series quick start guide and user manual from this link  if you still want to try. Sorry it wasn't an out of the box plugnplaystation experience. :)

Jack E/NJ