1TB SSD upgrade for an Aspire TC-391-UR11

2»

Answers

• thebreeze
    thebreeze Member Posts: 44 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited April 2022
    Thanks for that info.I thought that may be an option but as simple as it may seem I am not very experienced dealing with this type of thing.  I like to get things right the fist time if possible. I have a 1TB WD external hard drive I can use for the system image. Tonight I have been looking over the MiniTool partition software. I was thinking about extending the C drive using the D partition. I was using the D partition for my files from the other computer. It is empty now so I may go ahead and extend the C drive using it.

• thebreeze
    edited April 2022
    I was wiping a1TB  WD Passport external hard drive using the MiniTool Partition Wizard to create a system image of my PC to transfer data to the 1TB SSD I was going to purchase. Right at the end of wiping it the power blinked out. When everything rebooted the WD Passport did not show up in "This PC". It does show up in "Devices and Printers" and "Device Manager. It also beeps when I plug it into a USB port, shows up in the taskbar and I can eject it from the taskbar. I tried reinstalling the driver from device manager and the WD "extras" folder in Programs but made no progress It also shows up in the MiniTool Partition Wizard. Any suggestions?

• thebreeze
    Thank you very much for that information prunemaster.

• thebreeze
    Very useful and helpful information. Thank you for taking the time to post it.... :)