Acer Predator PH315-52 (Helios 300 [2019] Model) Laptop not booting up after screen replacement.

gigaliths
gigaliths Member Posts: 2 New User
I had a mild screen flickering issue a few days back.  I thought it may be due to windows 11 update, hence i reset everything back to windows 10 (clean install). The issue didnt resolve and i had my screen replaced by a local laptop service shop. However, the issue wasn't resolved. The person then reinstalled my original screen back and BOOM!!!!. Now my laptop doesn't boot up. Initially there was charging lights when I plugged my charger onto my laptop. However, after trying troubleshooting methods suggested for a similar scenario mentioned here: Question - Acer Helios 300 (2019) [PH315-52-79H2] won't turn on after screen replacement | Tom's Guide Forum (tomsguide.com) and here Laptop not turning on after screen problem PH315-52 — Acer Community. My LED lights have stopped showing up. The service center says there might be an issue with the motherboard and it will cost roughly 50000 Rupees (roughly 700$). I am pretty sure that it's not a major issue since all that happened was screen replacement in front of my eyes. Please help if anyone has faced a similar issue and got it solved.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,761 Pathfinder
    @gigaliths the person who replaced the screen should be the one who is in charge of repairing the laptop for you. I suspect that he didn't remove the battery before connecting the screen so the motherboard is shorted.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    edited March 2022
    Hi @gigaliths,

A faulty power supply, failed hardware, or a malfunctioning screen could be to blame. In many cases, you may be able to resolve the problem yourself by ordering replacement parts or adjusting your laptop's configuration.
  • gigaliths
    gigaliths Member Posts: 2 New User
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @gigaliths the person who replaced the screen should be the one who is in charge of repairing the laptop for you. I suspect that he didn't remove the battery before connecting the screen so the motherboard is shorted.
    Thank you , i just took my laptop to an expert technician and he says the intel UHD chip is shorted. I guess the blame is to the person who replaced my screen :( . Thanks all for the response but now i guess the only way is to change the board to make my laptop run.
  • Jaaa161
    Jaaa161 Member Posts: 1 New User
    gigaliths said:
    AnhEZ28 said:
    Thank you , i just took my laptop to an expert technician and he says the intel UHD chip is shorted. I guess the blame is to the person who replaced my screen :( . Thanks all for the response but now i guess the only way is to change the board to make my laptop run.
    Hi!
    Got exactly the same problem.
    Where did you find a new motherboard? I'm looking for one as well.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,761 Pathfinder
    @Jaaa161 if possible, you can bring it to a technician who is specialized in repairing the motherboard for a cheaper price. If you can't find any, you can go on Aliexpress to look for the same specs motherboard.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!