TC 391 AMD Ryzen 3 4300G Compatible Memory

thebreeze
thebreeze Member Posts: 44 Devotee WiFi Icon
Are the DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2666MHz (PC4-21300) UDIMM memory sticks compatible with the Aspire TC-391-UR11 AMD Ryzen 3 4300G Processor? The TC-391-UR11 comes with (1x 8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Memory stick. I have DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 2666MHz (PC4-21300) UDIMM dual sticks available. Thank you for your time.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Sure, here it is:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Spec for the TC-391 is: Memory Support DDR4 1.2V 3200 U-DIMMs (4GB/8GB/16GB) dual channel up to 64GB total memory. Then, later in the same manual they state:

I believe your understanding of 2666 support is correct, and the first part of the specs have a typo with the 3200 speed. They might have easily placed some 3200 sticks in units but run them at 2666. They've done that type of thing a few times in the last couple of years when the correct speeds weren't available. So, the sticks you are asking about should work just fine, and give you 16GB of memory. What it doesn't look like you can do is populate three sticks. You have to use just one, two or four.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • thebreeze
    edited March 2022
    Thanks. I did not know there were four slots available. Detailed specs seem to be hard to find at least for me. I found plenty of images of the outside of the tower but none of the inside/motherboard. I have an Aspire TC 885 ACCFLI50 with two memory slots that quit on me a few days ago and I was guessing that the mother board set up was close to the TC-391-UR11. I was hoping I could use the two 8GB memory sticks from it to upgrade the 8 GB in the TC-391-UR11. For my needs 16GB should be plenty for me. Thanks again. Do you have any suggestions on a HDD hard drive  for the TC-391-UR11?

• billsey
    Yeah, we haven't seen too many requests on those yet. Here is the motherboard layout:
    So 4-7 are the memory slots, you typically install memory in pair using slots of the same color...
  • thebreeze
    Thank you very much for the information. It is very helpful. I hope I am not pushing the limit but do you have the key to the numbered parts listed on the Main Board image? Thanks again.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Sure, here it is:

• thebreeze
    Great! Thank you.