Need help : TC-710 (EB61) upgrade needed

Blackfox214
Blackfox214 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hardware : 
16go ram DDR3
Intel HD graphic 530
i5 6400
Power supply 100×-300w
Windows 10 but would like  dual booth with a debien OS (mint or Ubuntu)

Here my need : 
I would like to get  a full time, stable 4 screen setup. Right now is work but not always  with : 
2 new screen with HDMI over the inbord HDMI
1 VGA/Dvi with a homebrand HDMI to USB3 adapter
1 VGA with an old started VGA to USB adapter. 

I already added a 4 USB 3.0 PCI card ( 2 usb scanner, 2 External HD, + microphone and webcam + sticker printer ect) the 2 external GPU usb adapter are directly connected into them. 

So, obviously not knowing exactly what I was doing, i buy a Geforce GT710 1gb (VGA, DVI, HDMI) which I just discover seem to be a downgrade from my inboard GPU BUT maybe I added a stable screen as thete is 3 output vs 2. 

Also onboard GPU doesn't seem to be enable / I can't have both working in the same time. 

What are my solution ?
Should I resale/return  the GT 710 ?

Does an upgrade to the power supply would change something ? 

Other subjet:
Can we really do something with the M2 data port ? I'm not sure it usable. I would love to add a 250-500 go ssh or using this port for something as I already added a second 3.5 drive and plug with a SATA/usb cable the disk drive to one of the external usb port. 

This is primaly a desktop computer for office suite, some light video convertion (like vhs), OBS screen capture, some VM for fun and testing. NO gaming.

Thank you

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    As you discovered you can't use the onboard video and a GPU card at the same time. You get one or the other... You could run three monitors off the GT 710 and one off of a USB dock though. Best is likely to send the GT 710 back and either get a newer card with four outputs (IIRC the 1070 I have in my laptop/desktop hybrid has three HDMI and a DP for four total) or go ahead and use a USB dock with two HDMI plus the two onboard ports.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.