Aspire 5640 Question about upgrading to Windows 11.

Steve_of_Canada
Steve_of_Canada Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2022 in Windows 11
Hi, looking into Windows 11 upgrade.

I'm wondering if my Acer Aspire 5640 can support an LPM 2.0 chip upgrade, or do I have to replace the entire M-Board?

I'm thinking my system was new in 2014, or so. - but it's nearing Upgrade time, again this year.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    Hi, looking into Windows 11 upgrade.

I'm wondering if my Acer Aspire 5640 can support an LPM 2.0 chip upgrade, or do I have to replace the entire M-Board?

I'm thinking my system was new in 2014, or so. - but it's nearing Upgrade time, again this year.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Your Aspire 5640 is ancient and in no way its compatible with Win-11, it can’t be upgraded to LPM 2.0 , it hasn’t got the compatible CPU and with DDR2 memory it just does not even come close to Win-11 specs it can barely handle Win-10. My suggestion to you is to not spend any money on any upgrades for this laptop and get a new and compatible Win-11 laptop that suits your budget. 

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Steve_of_Canada,

Boot computer using F2 into the BIOS setup mode. Locate the “Security” option on the left and expand. Locate the “TPM” option nested under the “Security” setting. To enable the TPM settings you must check the box saying: “TPM Security” to enable the TPM hard drive security encryption.
  • Steve_of_Canada
    Steve_of_Canada Member Posts: 2 New User
    Much appreciated!