Acer Nitro VG270UP Flickering issues with Freesync.

Options
VanGendt
VanGendt Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello all,

So I recently switched to using an AMD GPU, the 6700XT to be exact. And noticed that while using Freesync, my screen would, blip I suppose, every couple seconds. Not for long, roughly sub 1s timing, but it is very noticeable. What's more troubling is, when using my Nvidia GPU with G-Sync enabled(because Freesync is compatible with G-Sync in some cases) I NEVER had this issue at all.

Any help with this problem would be great.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>So I recently switched to using an AMD GPU, the 6700XT>>>when using my Nvidia GPU with G-Sync enabled(because Freesync is compatible with G-Sync in some cases) I NEVER had this issue at all.>>>

(1) Why have you concluded from the evidence that you have provided here, that the monitor must be the problem?
    (2) What nvidia GPU model was installed before
    (3) What PC brand and model do you have?

Jack E/NJ

• VanGendt
    VanGendt Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hello Jack.

So let me answer your questions here

1) I haven't asserted that the monitor is the problem, I'm still on the fence to what the issue exactly is, my main assumption is actually the GPU Drivers, as AMD is known very well for their, buggy to say the least, GPU Drivers.

2) I had an RTX 2070

3) It's a custom built.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options
    Lot's of variables here. Have you registered yet on the AMD forums to post this issue? Seems like a lot of 6700xt users are reporting similar issues but also with a lot of different displays. So I'm gonna guess that the monitors probably aren't causing the problem. :)  

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options

Try doing a power drain, by press and holding the power button for about 30 secs. also do a monitor self test by plugging the power cable alone and turn on the monitor, after acer logo if the display flickers then it is something to do with the hardware of the monitor.