M2X3 screws - aspire TC 1660

mandy30
mandy30 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
I went to install my crucial NVMe M2 ssd drive today,took my pc to bits and then found none of the screws I had would fit,I messaged crucial to find out what I need and they said M2X3 but said most motherboards already have them,does anyone know if the acer aspire TC 1660 has these screws please and if so where are they?,was so disappointed because I had to put it all back together without the drive

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Here is one version at under $4. There are lots and lots of them on Amazon and eBay, most also come with the standoffs and you don't need those, but the pricing is essentially the same since what you are really paying for is the shipping. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Some SKUs from Acer have the screw installed, some do not. I just got a batch of them from Amazon and put the extras in a drawer for the next place I need them...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mandy30
    would you send me the link please billsey
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Here is one version at under $4. There are lots and lots of them on Amazon and eBay, most also come with the standoffs and you don't need those, but the pricing is essentially the same since what you are really paying for is the shipping. :)
  • mandy30
    Hi billsey,ordered some off ebay but thankyou anyway,just looking forward to getting it done now