New nvme is not recognized in the Bios or Windows 10 - travelmate 214-53

Wlfq1
Wlfq1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa
i recently installed a nv1 kingston nvme 250gb into my acer travelmate 214-53 and upon flashup i went into the bios only to find that the nvme is not recognized.  then i went into windows 10 only to find that the drive is not recognized in disk management either. can anyone help with this problem? 

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022
    Would that be a TravelMate P214-53 by any chance? What is shown for SATA Mode in the BIOS Information tab?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Wlfq1
    billsey said:
    Would that be a TravelMate P214-53 by any chance? What is shown for SATA Mode in the BIOS Information tab?
    Thanks for answering , btw there is no information about SATA nvme or something in the BIOS im trying to find some configuration about the ssd or something but nothing

Anything here 
  • Wlfq1
    billsey said:
    It's a TravelMate P214-53 Also in Windows Partition manager nothing to show there about the nvme 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    OK, the NV1 is an NVMe x2 drive which should work in your M.2 slot, albeit at a slower speed than an x4 drive would give you. I don't see anything at all wrong in the BIOS settings, although you will likely want to change the Boot Menu setting to enabled at some point to allow booting from a USB drive. My guess is the drive they sent you isn't functioning, since I can't think of any way you could install it wrong. Contact your vendor for a return and buy a replacement.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.