CPU Fan upgrade Height ? - acer predator 5000 po-625s -11700k 3080

Desktopuser1
Desktopuser1 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi hopefully someone will be able to answer this question.

I have this PC - 11700k with a 3080 - runs hot n loud
Its got water cooling and that blocks the only air outlet so airflow is poor on this PC - im going to replace the water cooling, with air and then increase overall airflow - what's the best air cooler i can fit in the case - 
also the inlet is blocked with silly plastics which i was thinking about drilling out, anyone see an issue with this ?
Would the NH-D15 fit ????  - https://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/nh-d15/specification

thanks for any assistance.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    Hi hopefully someone will be able to answer this question.

I have this PC - 11700k with a 3080 - runs hot n loud
    Its got water cooling and that blocks the only air outlet so airflow is poor on this PC - im going to replace the water cooling, with air and then increase overall airflow - what's the best air cooler i can fit in the case - 
    also the inlet is blocked with silly plastics which i was thinking about drilling out, anyone see an issue with this ?
    Would the NH-D15 fit ????  - https://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/nh-d15/specification

thanks for any assistance.

The Noctura NH-D15 is a LGA 1200 cooler and has its measurements and sizes specified in that links that you provided in great detailed diagram, measure your spaces around the CPU slot with the ram and all components installed. Then look at the Noctura NH-D15 coolers sizes which are; 165mm high x 161mm wide and 150mm deep. Measure your spaces as and if the Noctura NH-D15 doesn’t fit then there is a smaller Noctura  NH-U9S or the NH-U9S chromax.black that are a smaller LGA 1200 coolers that are 125mm high 121.5mm deep (with optional fan) or its standard size is 95mm x 95mm overall as this fan will definitely fit into your spaces of the PO-625 as other communkisty members have used this fan.

• Desktopuser1
    Desktopuser1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks for the reply - really appreciate the help, I know the height of the CPU cooler but cant measure accurately inside my case unless I remove the existing CPU cooler to measure from the CPU up... just hoping someone would know the height this case has to play with - i have measured it at around 15cm,,, but need a better measurement is all... anyone have this case and CPU combo ?