Acer T231H in Windows 10?

Options
BB7Hydro
BB7Hydro Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2022 in Monitors
can't find anyway to enable touchscreen for the Acer T231H in windows 10.
Driver seems to be only compatible with windows 7?

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Comments

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,987 Trailblazer
    Options
    BB7Hydro said:
    can't find anyway to enable touchscreen for the T231H in windows 10.
    Driver seems to be only compatible with windows 7?
    The T231H monitor is a very old monitor and its made for max Win-7 64bit, the only thing that you could do is to try and run the Acer TouchPortal Express in compatibility mode to its highest OS  see this; "Windows 10 Compatibility Mode – How to Set and Change It"
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Is the USB port connected to the computer? The touch is handled over USB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BB7Hydro
    Options
    the USB is connected I see HID touchscreen compliant device in the device manager is enabled. 
    I tried several ways to get it to work. 
    • Tried updating the product name in windows reg to bypass windows installer safety, but this still gets stuck. 
    • Tried installing alternative touchscreen drivers from other manufacturers.
    • updating HID-compliant drivers and reinstalling them
    • updating Acer drivers through windows updates
    • used different USB cables to troubleshoot this
    • Windows 10 compatibility doesn't seem to all me to install, I get stuck with an error message it's only available for windows 7.

I did find a video on youtube of someone that did get it to work successfully on windows 10 unfortunately there were no instructions noted down to resolve this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDZAwdSNB68

typically other touch screen devices have been plug and play. Not sure if anyone had any more ideas.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, it should be PnP and just work. What does Device Manager show for the HID Touchscreen?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BB7Hydro
    Options
    Not sure if I need to find a way to get that Acer Touchportal express installed to get it to work. I would expect even the mouse click function to work on screen with PnP. 

Below is a screenshot of the Touchscreen properties. 
    it looks like there are multiple entries for the touchscreen I keep clearing them out. 
    only one seems active. 

• BB7Hydro
    Options

in my tablet PC setting area is looks like it detects it that it should have some touch support but nothing still works. 
    Non  of the calibration settings seem to recognize touch. 

I dug out a old windows 7 laptop and plug and play it worked just find. not sure if there's some driver issue with windows 10+