Aspire 1 A115-32-28P Swich From Windows 10 S Mode Before Or After Upgrade To Windows 11?

hacker15
hacker15 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited March 2022 in Windows 11
Should I switch out of Windows 10 Home in S mode before upgrading to Windows 11?  I want to run in the standard mode so I can download and install apps from other than the MS store (limited offerings at best).  Does anyone have experience on this issue?  This will be for an Aspire 1 A115-32-28P which, from what I understand, is approved for Windows 11.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Switching out of S mode in Windows (microsoft.com)
    It's free to switch out of S mode but remember that you cannot go back to S Mode again. Also, you can switch from 10 in S mode or 11 in S mode to normal ones anytime.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!

Answers

• In my opinion, the ideal is to create a new partition and install windows 11 on the new partition. That way you will keep Windows 10 and 11 in dual boot! In addition, you will need to purchase a new serial to change the version of the HOME S operating system to the HOME version.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XdxD
    Answer ✓
    Switching out of S mode in Windows (microsoft.com)
    It's free to switch out of S mode but remember that you cannot go back to S Mode again. Also, you can switch from 10 in S mode or 11 in S mode to normal ones anytime.
  • hacker15

Tinkerer

Thanks, for the Links and responses guys.  I will switch out of S mode before I do the Windows 11 upgrade.
  • XdxD
    Good enough. Just make sure to make a Macrium Reflect Backup image just in case you wish to go back to default OS.
  • hacker15

Tinkerer

XdxD said:
    Good enough. Just make sure to make a Macrium Reflect Backup image just in case you wish to go back to default OS.
    Thanks for the input.  Since I'll be using the Aspire as a test box, to see how I will use 11 (and if the apps I need will even load and run properly) and have 10 Pro on several other machines on my home network, I probably won't be going back to 10 on this one.
  • XdxD
    Good enough.
  • hacker15

Tinkerer

OK.  I did it.  Now I know why so many hate Windows 11.  I guess folks at MS never heard the old saying about fixing what ain't broke.  To do anything in this OS takes lots more clicking and hunting than it ever did in 10.
  • XdxD
    Haha. I managed to remove the extra clicks and now I love it.
  • hacker15

Tinkerer

Well, I have a few apps that don't like the new environment and haven't been updated for Windows 11.  Those have to be run in 'compatibility mode' which was somewhat of a pain to set up, but finally worked.  It's sort of like 10, but there are some improvements.  The more I use it, the easier it gets.  I'm just happy to see that we don't have another nightmare like Vista on our hands.
  • XdxD
    hacker15 said:
    Well, I have a few apps that don't like the new environment and haven't been updated for Windows 11.  Those have to be run in 'compatibility mode' which was somewhat of a pain to set up, but finally worked.  It's sort of like 10, but there are some improvements.  The more I use it, the easier it gets.  I'm just happy to see that we don't have another nightmare like Vista on our hands.
    Great that you like it.