Scroll wheel broken - Cestus 315

PingSmile999
PingSmile999 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2022 in Gaming Accessories
I recently bought a Cestus 315 mouse and I have only been using it for about a month and half. I was in the middle of playing Sea of Thieves when my scroll wheel suddenly stopped working. I have had issues in the past of it somewhat getting slowed but it has always worked and I take good care of my computer stuff. The scroll feature doesn't function but middle mouse button still works. I didn't do anything to harm the device I was in a mission and was trying to kill a shark and I couldn't switch weapons. I was wondering of this is a common problem that has a simple solution or if I have to get a new mouse entirely.

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Go ahead and contact Acer support for that one. I haven't seen it before and it could very easily be hardware...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Go ahead and contact Acer support for that one. I haven't seen it before and it could very easily be hardware...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @PingSmile999,

Did you disconnect and reconnect the mouse. Is it happens only while in game or random.
  • PingSmile999
    PingSmile999 Member Posts: 2 New User
    It is always broken, whether in game or on a browser, I haven't figured the problem out, but I have noticed that the scroll wheel is very loose. The wheel moves a lot when you shake the mouse but it can not be put back in place. I am just going to save up for a new one
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @PingSmile999,

Thanks for the update. 

• Real_zain16
    Real_zain16 Member Posts: 1 New User
    @Eswar Respected member can you please guide me how to contact with the Acer Support team.
  • billsey
    Go to the global Acer site and select your country, then to Support and contact through that portal. The exact steps are different for different locales.
  • urbanronin
    urbanronin Member Posts: 1 New User

I dont know if anyone from here will actually read this, but i freakin found the problem…and its soooo stupid. If you press on the mouse wheel, it goes haywire and the scrolling goes bananas and if you press it again it goes to the standard scrolling type.