What should I do when I have lost most of my Windows user functions? - Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53

Xsky20
Xsky20 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 2022 in Windows 11
Hi!  Some time ago, on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 device, I decided to install Windows 11. Everything was fine until one day I turned on my laptop and there was a problem when I logged in to my user.  I lost all files, documents, taskbar, wallpaper changed to some standard one and much more.  Only individual applications that I used to install remain.  After about 4 reboots, I was able to log into my account where everything was as before.  The problem has not come back for a long time until now.  Currently, after 9 reboots, nothing changes and I count on your help as the lost data is very important.  I would like to add that when logging in to the newly created user, everything seems to be working properly.  I suspect the system's fault, although I do not know the reason.  Thanks for any help.

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,658 Trailblazer
    Look in your C:\Users folder to see which profiles are active. Likely you somehow have two very similar profiles... I see that all the time when a system has been joined to a domain, you get two users that look identical, but one is on the domain and the other isn't.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    Xsky20 there are allot of bugs with Win-11 as I'm slowly finding out day by day, I've done the usual Windows Update upgrade and that was a disaster and just made this laptop a mess, then I did a complete clean install and even then I've had major problems with, inappropriate none working drivers, Bluetooth not working with updated drivers, browser video playback bugs on Bluetooth which I've just experienced now when I'm answering your post and had to reboot the laptop for it to work, sleep setting bugs, log on problems which are all Win-11 related. Nothing that you are experiencing surprises me as I've already done 3x System Recoveries after the clean install and I'm still experiencing bugs.

Note that no one knows what new bugs you will experience as time goes by with Win-11? Also and as I must confess that these problems have nothing to do with my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 new laptop which is exceptional. In my opinion, Win-11 should have never ever been released in this raw and buggy state but, nothing surprises me with Microsoft from past experiences with windows OS's except with Win-10 which was an exception OS and that is why I rated it the best windows of all time! Also, I'm using this new laptop as a Win-11 test platform as I've got another laptop with Win-10 that works 100% better and has worked 100% since day one (except for some very minor and few bugs) and is a solid platform that I use as my main platform. All I can say is good luck and make sure that you backup all your valuable files and don't trust Win-11 so far as anything could happen.