ACER Predator Orion 3000 PO3-630 Gaming PC Freezing watching videos

Options
Willo009
Willo009 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi guys, I have purchased a Predator Orion 3000, when I watch videos or play games it freezes for around 4-5 seconds. I have tried it with different browsers, installed the latest drivers using GeForce Experience. I do not get blue screen it just freezes the picture, nothing I have done has worked?. Not only that, but I have noticed the CPU runs very hot, just at idle it's at 60c, sometimes even 70c. And playing games at 95c, which I am not impressed at as there is no way to tweak the CPU Fan, which would be helpful. Only allowing 1x front fan, 1x rear fan. I wanted to know is there anything else I should try (Anything that will not mess up my warranty). As I contacted where I purchased it from, and they stated that because it's been over 30 days they do not accept it back, and I need to contact Acer. Problem is, I need it for work, and the prospect of sending back to Acer sounds like a long-drawn-out procedure... No offence, Acer, we love you. Below are the full specs of what I have, thank you for any help with this.

ACER Predator Orion 3000 PO3-630 Gaming PC - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 3070, 1 TB HDD & 512 GB SSD

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,546 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>And playing games at 95c>>>

Too hot. Fan vents need to be far away from any surface that might impede air flow.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Also, make sure you close PredatorSense after you have things configured as you'd like. There have been plenty of reports that the app can cause stuttering.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Willo009
    Willo009 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Many thanks JackE and Billsey for your help, I have purchased a new Fan. Also the problem with PredatorSense causing the stuttering has worked, so many thanks.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,546 Trailblazer
    Options
    Congrats. Thanks for reporting back.

Jack E/NJ

• Ybroda
    Ybroda Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Willo009 said:
    Many thanks JackE and Billsey for your help, I have purchased a new Fan. Also the problem with PredatorSense causing the stuttering has worked, so many thanks.
    Hi, which fan did you bought?