Bluetooth Not Detected on Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 after Windows 11 upgrade

Maj33
Maj33 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2022 in Windows 11
Hello,

Does anyone know what I can do to install a bluetooth driver that will work for a Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 running Windows 11? 

I have tried every troubleshooting solution easily findable, and there is only a Windows 10 driver available on the Acer website - I assume this is the issue.

Thanks in advance.  

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,937 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022
    Maj33 said:
    Hello,

Does anyone know what I can do to install a bluetooth driver that will work for a Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 running Windows 11? 

I have tried every troubleshooting solution easily findable, and there is only a Windows 10 driver available on the Acer website - I assume this is the issue.

Thanks in advance.  
    Unfortunately this is a common issue with Intel Wi-Fi/BT cards in Win-11 as I thought that it was only with the card that I've got on my Nitro 5 AN515-56 with the Intel Killer AX1650I card and its really frustrating, You need to edit the registry by going to Run > regedit > HKEY LOCAL MACHINE then ‘Software’ then ‘Microsoft’ then ‘Windows NT’ then ‘CurrentVersion’. Now in the editor, change the value of Current Version from 6.3 to 6.2. But and after you restart your laptop this edit won't trigger the BT automatically like in Win-10, you will have to wait about 15 to 30 seconds before it does but it works as this will solve your issue which it did to me. Also be careful as altering the registry incorrectly can damage your system and if you don't know how to do this edit, get an experienced tech to do it for you! 
  • Maj33
    Maj33 Member Posts: 2 New User
    StevenGen said:
    Maj33 said:
    Hello,

Thanks in advance.  
    Unfortunately this is a common issue with Intel Wi-Fi/BT cards in Win-11 as I thought that it was only with the card that I've got on my Nitro 5 AN515-56 with the Intel Killer AX1650I card and its really frustrating, You need to edit the registry by going to Run > regedit > HKEY LOCAL MACHINE then ‘Software’ then ‘Microsoft’ then ‘Windows NT’ then ‘CurrentVersion’. Now in the editor, change the value of Current Version from 6.3 to 6.2. But and after you restart your laptop this edit won't trigger the BT automatically like in Win-10, you will have to wait about 15 to 30 seconds before it does but it works as this will solve your issue which it did to me. Also be careful as altering the registry incorrectly can damage your system and if you don't know how to do this edit, get an experienced tech to do it for you! 
    When I restart, it switches back to 6.3, so I am unable to see if this fixes the issue - is there a way to prevent it from switching back on reboot?
  • StevenGen
    edited March 2022
    Try all these mods together from this guide: Bluetooth Not Working in Windows 10 as this works for Win-11 also and it worked for me 100% as I also did the "Support Services" mod too. I know that this is really frustrating as the OEM Acer Wi-Fi/BT driver for my AN515-56 the v22.40.0.2 worked 100% and perfectly on my Intel Killer AX1650I card and then Windows Update changed it to the last Intel driver which on my AN515-56 was the Intel v220110.1.1 and I couldn't change it back again no matter what I did as after a reboot it always went back to v220110.1.1 which made it impossible to pair my new JBL LIVE650BTNC headphones, so try all what I've done and see if it works for you?  
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Just download and install the W11 drivers from Intel, rather than trying to spoof the OS by telling it it's really W10. You never know what other apps or drivers will fail with a hack like that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    billsey said:
    Just download and install the W11 drivers from Intel, rather than trying to spoof the OS by telling it it's really W10. You never know what other apps or drivers will fail with a hack like that.
    billsey the Intel Win-11 and last driver for BT does not work, that is what Maj33 is saying and I've experienced, the exact thing happened to me on my AN515-56 laptop with the Intel Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi/BT card when WU installs the new Intel BT driver v22.110.1.1 as its impossible to pair headphones to this card with that driver, the Wi-Fi works perfectly but the BT does not. Btw the Acer's OEM and previous driver worked 100% but its impossible to reinstall this old driver as it always goes back to the new driver, as I've tried many times to do so and uninstall the new driver completely and install the old driver but no go and I've got. 
  • billsey
    And yet I am using the latest drivers on this laptop without issues in W11. I'm on 22.110.2.1.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey

Good to know!

• Mrudacha
    Mrudacha Member Posts: 1 New User