Spin 713: Odd clicky keys & electrical noise? (Acer Chromebook CP713-2W)

Options
Josch
Josch Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hey Community,

I recently bought this Chromebook which had some problems already when I got it. So I sent it in and got it back from Acer with a new mainboard, but none of the problems were fixed. They said the mainboard got replaced because of the reported electrical noise, but as said, in fact nothing changed. Before the second repair I had to hand in some pictures and a video showing the problems. So I did pictures of the screen problems (very very thin static horizontal lines across the screen and a rainbow effect when looking a tad from above), and also did a video documenting the keyboard and electical noise problems.

Maybe the screen problems are really normal and I just had too high expectations about the Spin 713's screen!?
But I really can't believe that the keyboard and electrical noise should also be normal. :o

Could someone owning this device please share some experiences regarding these problems?

Cheers, Josch

Answers

• Josch

Tinkerer

Options
    Totally forgot to add: I started this thread because today I got the Chromebook back after my 2nd send-in. It wasn't repaired because now acer says these problems are normal and no defects. :|
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Regarding the problem of the stripes that are appearing on the display, it would be interesting to check if this problem remains, when updating chrome os to the latest version. About electrical noise, does this issue only occur when you plug in the power adapter? About the keyboard problem, if it's a chiclet keyboard made of rubber, this noise shouldn't occur.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Josch

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for your input!

Yes, the Chromebook is already fully updated and still shows these stripes. But "stripes" sound already too much for what it is: It's just not a perfect view of plain colored areas (e.g. white), because it seems every 2nd pixel line is a tad darker - or maybe it's even just something physical from the panel. Anyway, it doesn't look as clean as i would have expected, but maybe my expectations were too high.

The electrical noise does always appear as soon as you use the Chromebook, regardless of power supply or not. The noise starts already to become annoying just while doing simple tasks like browsing websites with Chrome.

The keyboard is chiclet, but I'm not sure about the "made of rubber" part. At least the surface is plastic of course.

• Chris_35
    Chris_35 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
  • Josch

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks Chris, but unfortunately it's not. :/ The electrical noise I hear doesn't come from the speakers. It comes from below the screen, more from the left side where the ports are.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options
    The noise coming out of the right speaker isn't electrical noise per se, it's a bug on the OS that is supposed to be fully fixed with the 100 version. Some people have reported that is has gone away in 99 though.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Chris_35
    Chris_35 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    i would send it back mate, something isnt right
  • Josch

Tinkerer

Options
    Yap, I will send it back. Just wrote an email to the seller that I don't want a third try to repair and so won't keep it.

What will remain is a bad impression of the Acer repair center. My family was always happy with Acer because the devices are fair priced and did just work for many years. But it's a bummer to see what happens if problems occur. :|