V226HQL Fuzzy / Sharpness

Options
Deanwhu
Deanwhu Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody may be able to assist here. I have a long standing issues with IPS monitors that really cause me bad eye strain, no matter what make/model/setup I do. My old S220HQL over VGA just worked for me, post calibration on a Mac, with no issues. This sadly is packing up so I got the closest I could, second hand, which was a V226HQL. 

I know no two screens are ever going to be the same, but after playing with the setup I have been able to get the colours, contrast, brightness almost identical. The remaining issue is the sharpness or lack of and the fuzziness on the "new" display. It is hurting my eyes as the focus seems off. Does anybody have any experience of these TN monitors to be able to assist me in tweaking this? I am running it off a MacBook Pro, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options
    Go to this link to download the user manual if you don't already have one. Sharpness adjustment depends on the type of signal input and/or adapters you may be using.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Deanwhu,

Try to change the refresh rate and check. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,621 Trailblazer
    Options
    Go to this link to download the user manual if you don't already have one. Sharpness adjustment depends on the type of signal input and/or adapters you may be using.

Jack E/NJ