SATA hdd NOT FOUND installed new internal HDD on Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 problem

Options
Badger123
Badger123 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited April 2022 in Windows 11
Hi, I have a brand new Nitro 5 AN517-41 which came with WINDOWS 11 and am trying to fix a problem with my new 1T WD internal HDD which was installed tonight. (bought directly from the manufacturer WD Blue SATA 2.5" Laptop Hard Drive HDD | Western Digital ) 

The hard disk is not found in "this PC" , nor in "disk management" nor in the bios.
I used the cable which came with the laptop. I checked the connections and installation and all seems ok.

Please help.
Thanks

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Best Answer

• Badger123
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi there, just an update. 15/03/22 I was in the process of booking a repair and suddenly the sata hdd appeared on my system. And it is still recognised and working today. Thank you, cheers.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,120 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab and press F9 button on the keyboard, then press F10 to save & exit.
    You could try the methods in this link as well but don't click any download buttons, just follow the instructions only and see whether any of the 4 methods mentioned help you.
    https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/second-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-windows-10.html#1
  • Badger123
    Options
    Hi, thank you for your reply.
    I have tried the bios f9 and reset to default setting.
    No change, the internal hdd still not detected.
    Easus app could not list the internal hdd either. I used to use easus before, reliable app, but maybe the ribbon is damaged or the drive is dead or the clipped socket is kaput.
    The elimination process is under way -> This week a usb caddy should arrive and i will test the hdd with it. A spare ribbon is on its way from China, it will take a while. 
    I will post an update,
    thanks again
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,120 Trailblazer
    Options
    Badger123 said:
    Hi, thank you for your reply.
    I have tried the bios f9 and reset to default setting.
    No change, the internal hdd still not detected.
    Easus app could not list the internal hdd either. I used to use easus before, reliable app, but maybe the ribbon is damaged or the drive is dead or the clipped socket is kaput.
    The elimination process is under way -> This week a usb caddy should arrive and i will test the hdd with it. A spare ribbon is on its way from China, it will take a while. 
    I will post an update,
    thanks again
    No problem, yes, please post the outcome.
  • Badger123
    Options
    Hi brummyfan2,
    I tested the hdd in the caddy and the hdd works. It has been initialised and formatted. Then I put it back in the laptop. And the hdd is still invisible/undetectable. If the spare ribbon cable does not fix it (hopefully will arrive next week), but the original cable looks good, no damage to the contacts which go into the socket on the motherboard. I hope I wont have to send my Acer away for repairs. 
  • Badger123
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi there, just an update. 15/03/22 I was in the process of booking a repair and suddenly the sata hdd appeared on my system. And it is still recognised and working today. Thank you, cheers.
  • AntDX
    AntDX Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Badger123 said:
    Hi There, i have the same Problem, how do you fix it?  the HDD just appeared one day?? o you did something? please help
  • WalkingEvil
    WalkingEvil Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, same problem. Disk management does not see the disk, but the program "HWiNFO" SATA disk displays , including the vendor. The solution is to change it in BIOS -> Main -> SATA mode -> AHCI. You may need to reinstall the system.
  • Badger123
    Options
    AntDX said:
    Badger123 said:
    Hi There, i have the same Problem, how do you fix it?  the HDD just appeared one day?? o you did something? please help
    Hello, apologies for my late reply.  Regarding the fix, I basically did nothing and as mentioned earlier, the sata hdd suddenly appeared and has been recognised since. I hope yours has appeared after a few days too.