Acer Aspire C27-865 M.2 SSD not recognized

Options
KSEJNEX
KSEJNEX Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello, 
on my PC I tried to instal M.2 drive but its not recognized and it don' t show in bios.
checked and dirive work and it is instaled correct.
PC 
originally have a HDD.
As drive I use Samsung 980 250GB

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Options
    @KSEJNEX you can use HWiNFO and follow this post to determine if your model supports m.2 NVMe/SATA or m.2 SATA only:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/543114/m-2-slot-in-acer-aspire-e14-e5-476g-50wa
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • KSEJNEX
    Options
    @AnhEZ28 2 ports have maximum 1x and one 4x idk. What to think 
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Options
    @KSEJNEX what is the name of PCI Express underneath the 4x that you are mentioning? x2 or x1?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Your C27-865 supports both SATA and NVMe drives in the M.2 slot. can you take a picture of the BIOS, Advanced; SATA And RST Configuration menu? You may not have iRST set correctly.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KSEJNEX
    Options
    @billsey Ok I will do it when I go home
  • KSEJNEX
    Options
    @billsey Here it is :smile:
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK, although spec  says the M.2 slot supports NVMe drives, the block diagram shows only SATA on that port. Likely that is the issue.
    Swap that drive with the vendor to get a SATA version and give that a try. It should then show up in the list as Serial ATA Port 0.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.