Please repair Predator sense Acer Helios 700

Options
CorCalom
CorCalom Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 26 in Predator Laptops
Even before W11 predator sense app was really bad( WOOOSH on cpu fan on every 38C peak and after that fan does instant  stop and repeat, really annoying, and btw silent doesnt work at all ) but after I installed  Windows 11 this app became a nightmare. I have to reinstall it after EVERY windows update because fans just dont work  anymore( I mean they work, but temperature rises really high and there's no air flow idk why and only reinstall works). And now my cpu fan just stopped, its doesnt reacts on temperature at all on auto fan mode and I have to restart again and again to make it works. Ive got  version 3.00.3152, please, help me, can I do something with that or if I cant, when acer will you update predator sense?

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    You are talking with other Acer users, not anyone at Acer itself (except the moderators, but they have no visibility into the the development team). Even if they were watching, you don't tell us which Predator model you have, and the PredatorSense app is specific to the model...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,014 Trailblazer
    Options
    CorCalom said:
    Even before W11 predator sense app was really bad( WOOOSH on cpu fan on every 38C peak and after that fan does instant  stop and repeat, really annoying, and btw silent doesnt work at all ) but after I installed  Windows 11 this app became a nightmare. I have to reinstall it after EVERY windows update because fans just dont work  anymore( I mean they work, but temperature rises really high and there's no air flow idk why and only reinstall works). And now my cpu fan just stopped, its doesnt reacts on temperature at all on auto fan mode and I have to restart again and again to make it works. Ive got  version 3.00.3152, please,  help me, can I do something with that or if I cant, when acer will you update predator sense?

I'm using NitroSense v3.00.3038 and its always worked perfectly on my new AN515-56 and I've reinstalled Win-11 3 times and done many reboots for windows update and drivers updates and NS worked perfectly always afterwards. The PS software is made specific for Predator models and its not different to the NS software that works 100% within Win-11, you may have some sensor problems or fan problems because and as you say and don't blame PS as its got nothing to do with ruining your fan(s) as probably the fan was the reason that PS didn't work as it was faulty which PS will not tell you if it was but could put the software into errors and that is why you have these problems, check both fans (my suggestion is to replace both fans) as that will make your PS work properly. 
  • CorCalom
    Options
    billsey said:
    You are talking with other Acer users, not anyone at Acer itself (except the moderators, but they have no visibility into the the development team). Even if they were watching, you don't tell us which Predator model you have, and the PredatorSense app is specific to the model...

yeah I know, I just run out of ideas how to 'repair' that, and I guess its possible some acer guys will eventually find this post, and I want to know if other users f.e predator or helios owners, have the same problem with predator sense after installing W11 :(

• CorCalom
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    CorCalom said:
    Even before W11 predator sense app was really bad( WOOOSH on cpu fan on every 38C peak and after that fan does instant  stop and repeat, really annoying, and btw silent doesnt work at all ) but after I installed  Windows 11 this app became a nightmare. I have to reinstall it after EVERY windows update because fans just dont work  anymore( I mean they work, but temperature rises really high and there's no air flow idk why and only reinstall works). And now my cpu fan just stopped, its doesnt reacts on temperature at all on auto fan mode and I have to restart again and again to make it works. Ive got  version 3.00.3152, please,  help me, can I do something with that or if I cant, when acer will you update predator sense?

I'm using NitroSense v3.00.3038 and its always worked perfectly on my new AN515-56 and I've reinstalled Win-11 3 times and done many reboots for windows update and drivers updates and NS worked perfectly always afterwards. The PS software is made specific for Predator models and its not different to the NS software that works 100% within Win-11, you may have some sensor problems or fan problems because and as you say and don't blame PS as its got nothing to do with ruining your fan(s) as probably the fan was the reason that PS didn't work as it was faulty which PS will not tell you if it was but could put the software into errors and that is why you have these problems, check both fans (my suggestion is to replace both fans) as that will make your PS work properly. 
    Well Its possible to, as you say, that fans or sensors dont work properly BUT I had WOOOSH problems ( I mean cpu and gpu fan starts veery loud just to immediately lower rpm to adjust ( i.e from 2400 rpm to 1600) and just not rising gradually to expected value) in 2 other predators, and problems which I have now( fans dont work properly) I repaired by uninstalling PS and after that fans worked perfectly, but cmon without this app I cant even disable leds and predator sense is required to use predator comfortably

• CorCalom
    Options
    billsey said:

And yeah I forgot about  the model, I have Acer Helios 700, 72 ver
  • ZuphCud
    ZuphCud Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I suspect it's a firmware virus, described by ThioJoe:

So please Acer, give us a firmware update.