Predator Helios 300 PH317-53 windows 10/11 Drivers

Options
Rayco
Rayco Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2022 in Windows 11
I have a Predator Helios PH317-53 and the drivers posted on Acer support are junk! I checked PH315s and other PH317s, most seemed to have proper install drivers except PH-317-53. Whoever put together the drivers for this model didn't know what he/she was doing.
Audio, Video and few other drivers installation is done via batch files?!? Since when do laptop manufacturers post laptop drivers that are bunch of files and couple of batch files and let the customers figure that**out!
Audio driver, utility and console batch files won't even install if you don't run it as admin, there are no instructions on that. 
I upgraded my windows to windows 11, obviously drivers from Acer sucked, so I went back to windows 10. But unfortunately now I'm not able to get the audio driver to work on Win10 20H2.
I'm definitely done with Acer! Waste of my time and money.

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,812 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Rayco why don't you try to install that audio by finding the missing audio driver in the device manager and locate the audio driver folder.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Rayco
    Rayco Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @Rayco why don't you try to install that audio by finding the missing audio driver in the device manager and locate the audio driver folder.
    @AnhEZ28

That didn't make sense at all. Do you mean installing the driver manually? like, go to DM--> update driver ----> manually select driver location?
    I tried that, it installs the driver only, then when you go to install the Waves MaxxAudio app and Realtek Audio Console, using those stupid batch files, they throw an error and they don't install. 

Windows 10 20H2 is installing a newer version driver automatically when windows update runs. But unfortunately The Waves MaxxAudio and Realtek console isn't working. 

I've already replaced my Acer monitors with Asus, I'm replacing this junk soon too with an Asus laptop.