My Ultrawide (ei342ckr) is turned on (gray screen) won't show windows, but my other monitor shows

Options
stitchxr
stitchxr Member Posts: 2 New User
My ultrawide will show windows, (ei342ckr) but then randomly and I mean randomly it will just go gray and won't show windows. It's still connected because windows shows it, but it just completely shows a gray screen. A restart won't fix it, switching cords won't do it, turning off the computer and turning off the screen won't fix it. It just stays gray until a few hours later where it automatically removes the gray screen and shows windows again. It has done this intermittently since I bought it, however, more recently it does it every day and even does it when I start up the computer. Essentially the "gray screen" it won't even show the menu options built into the monitor. It shows it's powered on and connected to my computer in windows. I've tried switching the display port to 1.2, turning off free sync, using different video settings, is it a faulty monitor or any ideas?

Specs:
i9 10850k
RTX 3070
16 GB RAM
Connected using Displayport 1.4 and HDMI 2.0

Answers

• stitchxr
    stitchxr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    In addition to my post, all my drivers (graphics card and monitor) drivers are completely up to date. I work in IT and I've done about everything and it just keeps giving me the gray screen for no reason. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Is it light gray, like close to white or dark?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kylerdre
    kylerdre Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Hey did you ever figure this out. I have the exact same issue!