Dell Latitude 7310 and Acer AL2223W Monitor - Initially worked and was recognized now NO SIGNAL

Options
Jakib2
Jakib2 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello. 

I recently upgraded my laptop to a Dell Latitude 7310. 

When I first used this laptop, my Acer AL2223W external monitor was recognized by my laptop. It was connected through a DVI to HDMI cable. The Dell laptop upgraded some drivers including an Acer driver and an Intel Graphics driver. Now the AL2223W monitor is not recognized by my Dell laptop. I have connected the AL2223W monitor to my other desktop running Win 10 and it works fine. My Dell Latitude is also running Win 10 but will no longer recognize the monitor. I've tried uninstalling the Intel Graphics driver and restarting the computer to allow for a fresh install of the driver. The monitor is still not recognized. I have also run/installed all Windows Updates and have run the DellSupportAssistant to ensure all of the BIOS and Dell/Intel drivers are updated. Everything is current and as updated as possible. 

This is frustrating because the monitor works fine on my desktop and it initially worked with my new Dell Latitude 7310. However, the monitor is no longer being recognized as an external second screen for my Dell laptop. 

All assistance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

J

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Is there any chance the adapter cable has gone bad?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jakib2
    Options
    billsey said:
    Is there any chance the adapter cable has gone bad?
    Hi Billsey. Thank you for the response. 

No. The adapter still works fine as the monitor is recognized by the desktop using the same hardware. 
  • billsey
    Options
    Next possibility I can think of is the laptop thinks the monitor has a higher resolution than 1680 x 1050, such as 1920 x 1080 and it trying to send a signal the monitor can't accept. When you bring up Display Settings, are both monitors being shown in the pull down?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jakib2
    Options
    Hi Billsey,

Only one monitor is being detected in the display settings on the Dell laptop when the Acer monitor is plugged in. The Acer monitor is not recognized on the Dell laptop but is immediately recognized on my desktop. 

Is there a way to change the expected output resolution from the laptop to match 1680 x 1050?
  • Jakib2
    Options
    I also have a HP Pavilion Laptop 13-bb0027nr that experiencing the same issue on Win 11. I downgraded the resolution on the HP and Dell to 1650 X 1050 and 800 x 600 then plugged in the Acer Monitor. Still showing no signal. When I click detect monitors only one display is detected (the main laptop screen).

The same hardware setup still works fine on my desktop running Win 10.
  • billsey
    Options
    Does your version of the monitor have just the DVI port, or does it have DVI and VGA? Maybe a change of cables to one that does HDMI to VGA instead of HDMI to DVI will work better.