My DVD RW Driver (D:) will not open!

tlord413
tlord413 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have an Acer Aspire Desktop, 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7400, 12GB DDR. With every computer I've had (all of which have been brand new) I've always had issues with disc drives. Tonight, I inserted a disc into the drive. THIS TIME, it opened fine. As soon as I closed it my comp refused to read the disc. I attempted to eject from the 'Devices and Drives' but the DVD RW Drive (D:), but it's not working! The drive is not make even the slightest sound and everywhere I check the drive is showing as empty. I've attempted to Google a fix and have even tried to manually remove the drive, but I can only take off one side panel; the other side appears to be welded on. Please help.

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example PH315-52-58VH.
    Oi! Eu nĂŁo sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Did you try a  pushing a bent paper clip in the small hole to manually reject ?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Yes, the manual eject hole should still work. When a disc is corrupted, or the drive is corrupting the data read from the disc, it's possible to get into a state where the OS doesn't want to eject the disc. Manually doing it gets you past that issue.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.