TC-885-EB15 Drive Mapped incorrectly?

MikefrmCalgary
MikefrmCalgary Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I own a TC-885-EB15 which has a 2TB internal SSD.  I'm attempting to move a 16GB Folder into this file, but it's telling me I don't have enough space as it thinks it's the Acer 118MB drive, which is almost full. Is the drive mapped incorrectly and if so how do I remap it, or is something else mixed up here?

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Yup, you have something wonky going on. The partition that is around that size is the EFI partition and it should be hidden from Windows. Can you fire up Disk Management and take a screen shot for us?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MikefrmCalgary
    MikefrmCalgary Member Posts: 2 New User
    Here's the screenshot Billsey.  Really appreciate you helping me out.
  • billsey
    That all looks perfectly normal. Windows should only be seeing two drives, C: and D :. You have lots and lots of space on the latter and almost no space in the former. It looks like you should move a bunch of stuff between the drives, to free up space on C:. Note that C: isn't 118MB, it's 118GB, or a thousand times as big. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @MikefrmCalgary

Can you tell us how did you move the 16 GB data? I think there must be something wrong with the moving process.
    Normally, the 100 GB UEFI and the 1.0 GB Recovery partitions are hidden and not accessible easily in Win 10 without doing something special.
  • billsey
    @ttttt, if you look at his image, the C: drive is the one with the issue. It's 118GB (not 118MB) in size but has less than 16GB free. He's not accessing the EFI (100 MB, not 100GB) or the recovery partitions.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @billsey

You are right, I did not look close enough at the small prints.