AN515-57 Acer Nitro 5 CPU SPEED

PACPEP
PACPEP Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited February 2022 in Nitro Gaming
My Acer Nitro 5's CPU clock speed sometimes gets stuck on 0.19 Ghz and does not increase or decrease. This makes the laptop behave erratically like it stutters, the refresh rate drops and also it becomes way to laggy. Please someone tell me what can i do to fix it. Whereas this mostly happens when i'm low on battery.

Answers

• Hi,
    What happens when you connect the laptop with AC adapter? It could be the CPU throttling feature to save battery life, anyway, give this a try, go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab and press F9 button on the keyboard to set default values, then press F10 to save & exit.
  • PACPEP
    PACPEP Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    brummyfan2 said:
    Hi,
    What happens when you connect the laptop with AC adapter? It could be the CPU throttling feature to save battery life, anyway, give this a try, go to BIOS screen, move to Main tab and press F9 button on the keyboard to set default values, then press F10 to save & exit.
    If i connect the AC Adapter everything goes back to normal and also let's see if resetting the BIOS did the thing, i'll update you if this worked or not