My Predator Helios 300 take too long to power up what maybe the cause of it?

Valentine
Valentine Member Posts: 1 New User
I press start button for like 30-40secs to turn on.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Seems reasonable for HDD? An SSD takes about half the time. You can speed it up by making sure fast startup is turned on. Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down a check the box for fast startup. Some models also have a fast boot option in the BIOS Main tab to help lower boot times even more. Also if you have a non- Mic roso ft antivirus running, you should uninstall it to further lower boot times.  

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Valentine,

it's either your hard drive runs slow at Startup due to it's old age or there are too much process and applications trying to run at start up. We recommend that you disable some of your Startup applications/program.

1. Enable Windows' Fast Startup Mode. ...
    2. Adjust Your UEFI/BIOS Settings. ...
    3. Cut Down on Startup Programs. ...
    4. Let Windows Updates Run During Downtime. ...
    5. Upgrade to a Solid-State Drive. ...
    6. Just Use Sleep Mode.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Seems reasonable for HDD? An SSD takes about half the time. You can speed it up by making sure fast startup is turned on. Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down a check the box for fast startup. Some models also have a fast boot option in the BIOS Main tab to help lower boot times even more. Also if you have a non- Mic roso ft antivirus running, you should uninstall it to further lower boot times.  

Jack E/NJ

• Manoling
    Manoling Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same issue. It always took me 5 - 7 minutes trying to turn it on. Sometimes it will turn on on a single press, sometimes after multiple press and sometimes holding the button for long.