Acer F15 F5 572M-595m bios restore to default firmware

Options
Dumi12
Dumi12 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited February 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Does anyone know how to go back to the 1st bios version Acer F15 F5 572M-595m 🙏🏽

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    The only available earlier official BIOS firmware versions that you can go back to are on the ACER download page.  Looks like v1.04 is the earliest. The process going back is more complicated and riskier than updating. So unless you have a serious problem with v1.18, going back is not recommended. However, I can give you the steps to do so if you want to take the chance.

Jack E/NJ

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options
    "riskier" = "brick"
  • Dumi12

Tinkerer

Options
    @JackE
    yes please This version is not working for me even my UEFI doesn’t work don’t really have a stab pc anymore 
  • JackE
    Options
    What do you mean by this? What's not stable? Try to be specific Because trying to revert to an earlier BIOS firmware has a big risk of permanently corrupting the BIOS chip so the machine can't be used anymore.

Jack E/NJ

• Dumi12

Tinkerer

Options

i cant use or install windows in UEFI, it only works in legacy

• Dumi12

Tinkerer

Options

If anyone has bin file please share

• JackE
    Options

Dumi12

If you're trying to install Win7, then simply change the BIOS boot mode from UEFI mode to Legacy mode. Tap F2 on startup to enter BIOS menu.

Jack E/NJ

• Dumi12

Tinkerer

edited October 2022
    Options

@JackE

bro anyone who can change an operating system knows how to switch from legacy to UEFI

My UEFI does not read any thumb drive in UEFI it even takes long just to try and load

all i need is proper clean bin file for Acer f15 f5-572G-595M

and i will reprogram my bios chip, clean ease my chip n load the new bin

i wonder why Acer couldn't just add a bios bin section, those who know how to use bin files easily downloads, like asus does

• Dumi12

Tinkerer

Options

better still thats where the full unlocked bios should be added in bin, so that so those who really know how it works and how to reprogram can have access to what we want, dont get me wrong i love my laptop but because of such resection would never buy an Acer ever again or refer anyone to get one

• JackE
    Options

>>>My UEFI does not read any thumb drive in UEFI>>>

A bootable USB stick should boot in both UEFI GPT & legacy MBR mode by enabling the F12 boot option in the MAIN tab. Simply tap F12 on startup and a USB boot menu should appear.

Jack E/NJ