Warranty and upgrade

Larry321
Larry321 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I wanted to purchase an open box Acer desktop computer from one of the major retailers.
They are offering one year manufacturer warranty from Acer.
Will I void the warranty if I installed a graphic card to this open box desktop computer?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Larry321 said:
    I wanted to purchase an open box Acer desktop computer from one of the major retailers.
    Will I void the warranty if I installed a graphic card to this open box desktop computer?

Also and just to add another aspect of an upgrade, if this desktop comes without a GPU and their higher spec same model does come with a GPU card, then you can upgrade to whatever Acer fits OEM to the more upper spec PC that you are buying, its the same with RAM and SSD's as these upgrades are not a problem but, if you upgrade to a totally different high grade GPU (that Acer does not fit OEM) and you need to change the PSU to a higher wattage you will have problems as you are changing the overall specs of your Acer product. If you keep to OEM parts you shouldn't have any problems! 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Tough to tell, warranty terms are different for different locales. Typically it doesn't affect warranty, unless you obviously do some damage to the board in the process.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Larry321 said:

Also and just to add another aspect of an upgrade, if this desktop comes without a GPU and their higher spec same model does come with a GPU card, then you can upgrade to whatever Acer fits OEM to the more upper spec PC that you are buying, its the same with RAM and SSD's as these upgrades are not a problem but, if you upgrade to a totally different high grade GPU (that Acer does not fit OEM) and you need to change the PSU to a higher wattage you will have problems as you are changing the overall specs of your Acer product. If you keep to OEM parts you shouldn't have any problems!