Is there any spen or wacom pen nibs can be used on acer chromebook tab 10?

scbz
scbz Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi, I am sorry to ask this question, but the thing is I am now in China, and there seems no way to buy an original pen or nib. I have tested my nibs of Samsung note 10.1 2014 edition (also sm-p600, p601, p602, p605, p605v). It is suitable, but actually far away from comfort. I wonder if there are any other options?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Which Chromebook Tab 10 model do you have? It should be something like D651N-K25M... Most don't support an active stylus and only work with the capacitive pens that have the blunt tip that acts like a finger.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • scbz
    billsey said:
    Which Chromebook Tab 10 model do you have? It should be something like D651N-K25M... Most don't support an active stylus and only work with the capacitive pens that have the blunt tip that acts like a finger.
    Hi, thank you for your answer! I know this is a emr stylus, and I find one in amazon!
    preview

I think I have solved the problem, but thank you so much for your answer!

I have learnt a lot about emr now, I will refer some in the next comment, hoping it could help for people in need.
  • scbz
    Finally I know more about wacom devices and here are the links:(Sorry most of them are not English)
    1. To know if your device has an emr stylus or not, I think Staedtler has a quite detailed list. Just look in its website which devices their pen can support!
    2. To know your device is of which generation: here is a Chinese post about nibs 武装你的S-pen、数位屏一体机的无源电磁笔,Wacom Ud/Feel Emr无源电磁笔技术设备购买笔与笔芯的总结 - 知乎 (zhihu.com) and another post about all wacom pens 2021年了, Wacom的电磁感应笔(EMR)有四种类型,它们都不兼容且难以理解,因此为大家解读。 - 知乎 (zhihu.com) and other pens like huawei or apple 华为Matepad Pro是否已经超越iPad Air 3? - 知乎 (zhihu.com). I think you can also refer to a Japenese blog that he refers to (however I do not understand Japenese): 肉うどん (29udon.com)
    Actually I do not have permission to reprint, so just use google translation!

But to be easier: you can actually find your corresponding nibs by its apperence! For acer chromebook tab 10 (of course origin one is better, see the piture in above comment!), you can use any 0.7mm emr ud nibs: wacom Dtc133 nibs, hp zbook, samsung spen oder than note 8... just make sure you are not using 0.8mm nibs, it might hurt the pen!
  • scbz
    My post was swallowed :skull:. I don't want to write it again. Just short: try any 0.7mm wacom nibs, like dtc133 or hp zbook or samsung spen later than note8 (note 8 is also supported).