Can I upgrade my stock 350w PSU to a 600w PSU on my Acer Aspire TC-1660 AU92?

I am am upgrading my GT 710 2GB to a RTX 3060, but my stock PSU is only 350w and I need a 600w PSU. I don't know if this MB has a proprietary 24 pin connector that is only for its PSU. Which raises the question, if I can't get a 600w psu for this PC, then can I safely run the new PSU to the 8pin connector on the GPU with keeping the stock PSU in the PC?

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @CrazyFloridian

Sorry to tell you that your TC-1660 uses 12 volt only PSU (no standard 24-pin connector). If you open up your PC, you can see that.

Currently, people can only get a 500 W 12V only PSU from Acer.
    Haven't heard someone replace the stock 12 VO PSU with something higher than 500W.
  • CrazyFloridian
    CrazyFloridian Member Posts: 4 New User
     ttttt said:
    @CrazyFloridian

Sorry to tell you that your TC-1660 uses 12 volt only PSU (no standard 24-pin connector). If you open up your PC, you can see that.

Currently, people can only get a 500 W 12V only PSU from Acer.
    Haven't heard someone replace the stock 12 VO PSU with something higher than 500W.

Thank you for letting me know😀. You did mention that people can get a 500 W 12V only PSU from Acer. Do you know where I can get that PSU?  
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @CrazyFloridian

This topic had been answered by Ace @Billsey last year, and I could not remember the part number. Acer is the only source you can get this PSU.

After some digging I found that.

DC.5001H.001 ( probably for European market)

DC.5001B.009

You can read this link:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/979796#Comment_979796

I'll write down the part number this time as many people maybe interested in that.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    There are a few brave souls who are upgrading the PSU using an new old style supply and a cable adapter to convert the 24 pin connector to the 6 pin. The 4 pin connector is already included in most power supplies. Note that if you buy the adapter make sure you get the 24->6, not 24->8 or else it won't fit. You need to make sure the supply your get has only one rail for +12V and that the +12V power is high enough for your uses. I believe the people who are trying it are going with either an 850W or 1000W.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CrazyFloridian
    CrazyFloridian Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thank you so much :)