Ruined pc - acer aspire desktop tc 1660

2»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    They have a recovery image available for your system, I believe in the UK you have to get it from Support instead of from the Acer Store. Installing from the recovery image is a bit problematic though, since I believe you have to boot from it in legacy mode, then switch to UEFI when the recovery is complete before booting into Windows. If you weren't really using the Acer specific utilities it's perfectly fine for you to just use Windows as it comes. You can do your own changes to the look and feel to stay in your comfort zone.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mandy30
    mandy30 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    do you have a link for it please
  • billsey
    They aren't allowed to just link it, that violates the Microsoft restrictions. You will have to contact support for your locale.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mandy30
    so its microsoft support I contact and ask for a recovery image for my pc,will that get the factory reset working again please?
  • billsey
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    If you want the full recovery image, with all the Acer specific utilities, you have to get it from Acer support (or the Acer Store if you are in the USA or Canada). If you just want Windows without any of the Acer specific stuff, you can download it from Microsoft. Acer isn't allowed to post a copy of the image to their support site, since each image has the actual license to run it included. The one from Microsoft requires you to already have the license, which you have already.
  • mandy30
    I think I will just leave it as it is,saves a lot of hassle