Acer V227Q with 15 A power chord issue?

Options
tksanthosh
tksanthosh Member Posts: 1 New User
I have recently bought the Acer V227Q monitor online. This monitor comes with a 15 A plug which is commonly used for high power loads like motors etc. This plus does not fit into any of my spike busters, UPS sockets etc. How do I handle this? Anyone facing similar issue?

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    tksanthosh

I understand monitor comes with a 15 A plug which is commonly used for high power loads like motors 

Please seek the help of a local electrician.  He will help you to setup a compatible socket in your home. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options
    The monitor comes with a standard plug in most locales, but if your house is old enough it might not have those. In the USA they made a change in the late 1950s or early 1960s from the two prong plug to a three prong, where a ground was added. To use a modern cord in the old style socket requires an electrician to bring ground in. There are adapters, but they assume you have a grounded electrical box so they can use the center screw for the ground.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.