No error while choosing a username

Options
Jaims10
Jaims10 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello,
I am not sure if this issue was peculiar to me only but while creating an account on this platform, I did not receive any error message stating that my desired username had been taken by someone else... no such error. I only saw a notification on top to choose a username even though I had typed in a username and repeatedly clicked "Connect" at intervals but after changing the proposed username to something else, it worked! Note to the Acer team - ensure there's a specific error message why the username cannot be used so the newbie (like me) don't end up clicking "Connect" the whole day. 

Comments

• DamianNI22
    DamianNI22 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yeah, me too. I had guessed as much. Clearly you're desired username isn't available and it looks like it's just failing or not loading. I then added some unique bits like NI22 and what would you know. Cheers anyway.

• SumRandomuser
    SumRandomuser Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2022
    Options

Me 3, tryed several different user names like (Nonsupported unloved G9x593 red head step child) which I thought was fairly unique? Guess not tells me I gotta get my own name that name is reserved or use letters & numbers & if you take to long thinking of a username your session will expire better luck next time keep trying suckers.

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options

Hi SumRandomuser,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Have you tried testing this using different browsers.? does the issue still happen.?

Regards,

Acer-Samuel