XV270P Screen Flickering Problem in Monitor

Options
Sla4p
Sla4p Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2022 in Monitors
I bought a second XV270P to have a dual-monitor setup, and after a couple months of use with no problem, one of the monitors started flickering at the very bottom (basically the area of the taskbar), then it progressively got worse until it was just showing a 2- or 3-inch high black bar across the bottom of the screen at its rated refresh rate (165Hz). If I drop it to 144Hz, the bars will flicker or look different, and once I drop the refresh rate to 120Hz it works perfectly fine.

When I take a screen capture, it looks fine. So I figure the issue is with the display, not the picture it's trying to show me.

I've refreshed my GPU drivers and reset BIOS multiple times, I plugged the monitor into my motherboard's internal gpu and it didn't change so at this point I feel safe assuming it's the monitor. If it's broken then it's broken, I have a retailer warranty and should be able to switch it out, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something simple. 

Any ideas? I've got an Intel CPU with an NVIDIA card. 

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,801 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Sla4p there isn't any way to fix this so you will have to get it replaced with warranty.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    There is a good chance it's just the cable though, so swap the two cables to verify that is not it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Sla4p,

Check with different cable like HDMI,VGA or DP cable.