R271 stuck in self test mode

Options
DaveSilverado
DaveSilverado Member Posts: 1 New User
My R271 monitor was completely off and I replaced the Main Board IPS Monitor 0171-2271-6213. Now, the screen switched on but keep flashing white, red, green, blue and black screens. I tried to switch it of and on but nothing changed. How I can disable this sort of test mode ?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options
    My R271 monitor was completely off and I replaced the Main Board IPS Monitor 0171-2271-6213. Now, the screen switched on but keep flashing white, red, green, blue and black screens. I tried to switch it of and on but nothing changed. How I can disable this sort of test mode ?
    Which board did you replace as there are two? Is it the "MAIN BRD ASSY (Acer R271H bmid) (R2) - Raken Pin No: RR352700820150 the second board is the "DISPALY BD ASSY (Acer R271H) (r2) - Raken Pin No: RR352700120156? 

As when you replace the mainboard you need to have the proper Software Preparation tools like a) Mstar utility ISP_Tool.exe b) Latest firmware binary files then do a Hardware Configuration with ISP Programming Procedures with the RTD Tool software. IMO, you better take your R271 to an expert tech and let him replace this board for you as you don't have the tools. 

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @DaveSilverado,

Monitor self test,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.​