My Acer nitro 5 wont turn on .. just showing orange charging light?

NobleK005
NobleK005 Member Posts: 3 New User
My Acer nitro 5 wont go on. Just showing orange charging light. I tried changing battery but problem wasn’t solve.. the orange light blinks whenever I press power button.. what could be the problem? Please help

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Don't try to turn the laptop on until the battery charge LED turns from steady orange to steady blue. This may take up to 24hrs if the battery was allowed to drain below the critical 5% charge level at which irreversible battery damage may occur. If the LED doesn't turn steady blue, the battery probably needs to be replaced.

Jack E/NJ

• NobleK005
    NobleK005 Member Posts: 3 New User
    @JackE I kept my laptop on charge for 24+ hours . Still orange steady light won’t turn steady blue.. by the way this is a new battery, replaced it last week 
  • JackE
    edited February 2022
    Did old battery behaved the same way with steady orange light and won't turn on?

And did it still nott turn on immediately after you installed the new battery?

Do you have a multi-meter to check the dc output voltage between center hole and outer barrel of charger's plug? If not, do you have access to another charger that is known to be good?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Did old battery behaved the same way with steady orange light and won't turn on?

And did it still nott turn on immediately after you installed the new battery?

Do you have a multi-meter to check the dc output voltage between center hole and outer barrel of charger's plug? If not, do you have access to another charger that is known to be good?

Jack E/NJ