Obtain Info to Independently Repair ET430K Known Defect

Options
Tallguy
Tallguy Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello, I have an ET430K and suffer from the widespread known issue where the screen goes black for a few moments, ranging from every few minutes to maybe 1 time per 15 minutes.  Yes, I have tried different cables and inputs, both HDMI and DP.   The problem persists.  If you read on this forum and reviews posted elsewhere, it is a common issue.

This closed thread discusses the problem and has more than one product owner posting in it:
https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/546663/et430k-4k-monitor-the-monitor-goes-black-from-time-to-time-speakers-make-click-sounds-cut-out/

Is there a way to find out from ACER the details of what causes this, so that I might take it to an inexpensive repair facility nearby to have fixed?  This monitor is huge so it is not going to be worth the cost of shipping to ACER and back.    I currently have TWO defective ACER products so this is not a very good track record.  It would be nice if they could at least let me know what the known fix is, as the other thread linked above seems to imply exists.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,622 Trailblazer
    Options
    As far as I can tell, seems to be more of a QA issue than a design flaw. How long ago did you purchase this? And who was the vendor? 

Jack E/NJ

• Tallguy
    Tallguy Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I believe I bought it via Acer Recertified.  It has been awhile so well out of warranty.  I kept thinking it was probably just the cable but I've tried all kinds of cables, different ports and different computers.  It appears to be a known issue based on that other thread I posted and many reviews about this monitor online.   Is there any way to contact support to see if they will divulge what causes this so I can salvage this thing?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,622 Trailblazer
    Options
    Looks to me like this was sorta left in limbo since moderator Manny retired. So I suggest waiting till Monday. Then send a PM to @Acer-Ingrid referring to the closed thread. Maybe she can revive it. Or at least try to find out if tech support determined the problem is due to something other than QA.

Jack E/NJ