Fans not working (How to fix?) Acer aspire 3 a315-53G-599b

Odee
Odee Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited February 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Hey guyss, I just realized that the built in fan is not working... Is there any fix for this? I am not sure if it ever works since I always thought the fan sound increase when I game or do heavy task comes from the built in fan. I just learned that both cpu and gpu has its own fan, and the increase on sound is probably from it... I am way pass my warranty, and I just notice this. XD

[​//Edited the content to add model name]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,602 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Be sure that they'll enabled in Bios and A Model Number will help.

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Odee

Try using your PC with the side panel removed and lay flat so can see the fans are running or not.
    Normally, there are CPU, GPU, PSU and PC case fans. Which fan is not working?
    Always not working or just not working shortly after startup?

You have not included a model number, so we do not know you are referring to a desktop or laptop.
    This is a desktop section, so I am assuming you have a desktop.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,794 Trailblazer
    What computer do you have? Is it the case fan, the power supply fan or the CPU fan that's not working? For that matter, it might be the fan on a GPU Card. :) Does it ever work, or just turn off at times?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Odee
    Hi. I am sorry for the confusion. I am using Acer aspire 3 a315-53G-599b unit model laptop. I am not sure if the fan ever works. I just notice now that the fan (outside aligned at the exhaust) was not working. I tried picking at time during start and heavy used an the fan remains still and not working... I've tried using the cpuz hwmonitor to see the fans speed but for some reason its not detected, an app called notebook fan control only shows cpu and gpu fans only working, the other fan was not... I also tried exploring bios once but I can't see any fan control section from there...
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Odee

Can you describe more about  fan  (outside aligned at the exhaust) more? Still don't know what is the other fan.
    It will help if you can attach a photo here.
  • Odee
    ttttt said:
    @Odee

Can you describe more about  fan  (outside aligned at the exhaust) more? Still don't know what is the other fan.
    It will help if you can attach a photo here.
    It's the fan that can be seen directly after opening the casing... probably whats called the casing fan. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,794 Trailblazer
    OK, your Aspire A315-53G has only one fan and it may not be visible from the outside. You might be looking at the fins of the heat transfer pipe that the fan blows through. Run one of the utilities that shows the CPU temperature or GPU temperature to see what they are doing. If the fan truly isn't running they will be very, very high. Here are the tables for fan speeds. Yours is the discrete version:

You may not even be able to hear the fan below 3000 RPM...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.