Aspire TC-885 - "No internet access" after upgrade to Win11 but browsing works just fine

FamDa
FamDa Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

We have an Aspire TC-885. When we were offered the option to upgrade from Win10 to Win11 we ran the utility that checked if our system was ready for the upgrade. Feedback; no issues.

Now after we have done the upgrade the system seems to work well. We can browse the web, receive and send mail, etc.
However, in the notification area of the taskbar we see a little globe with a stop sign where I expect the network connection / WiFi icon.
If we hover over it pop-up states: "No internet access" on both cable and WiFi.
We can browse, send/receive mail etc. so we are connected.
Only online services such as Microsoft and ACER provide feedback we are not connected when we try to connect to Microsoft Store or use the ACER Care Centre app.

Looked for updated Drivers on ACER support but it seems we have latest versions. Download of latest Drivers only results in "repair" options and it looks like the drivers are Win10 drivers not Win11.

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @FamDa

I have a TC-885-UA91 and WIndows Update informed me of Win 11 upgrade available for months now. It is normal that a new Windows OS always have some unfixed bugs until probably one year later that most of the bugs got weeded out.

Only one laptop of mine was upgraded to Win 11. After the laptop Win 11 upgrade, I discovered something wan't working right and performed a Windows update right away. Luckily, that update fixed the issue. I did not see how Win 11 is better than Win 10 and some features removed, thus I put all of my other PC's Win 11 upgrade on hold until I feel comfortable doing so. Some people say Win 11 is better than Win 10, hope someone can point out the advantages of using Win 11.

Guess you may want to wait for Microsoft to solve your issue later with future updates.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Fire up a command prompt and do an "ipconfig /all" then post the results. I'm guessing there's something not quite right with the configuration that's also not quite wrong enough to break access. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FamDa
    FamDa Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

@ttttt , thanks. Already felt waiting would be the option as Realtek shows no drivers for Win11 either.
    @billsey , checked and compared IP settings with my Win10 laptop and these are the same (both at factory settings).