"No connections available" but there are...

Options
belleebb
belleebb Member Posts: 1 New User
My laptop that I use for school has recently been doing a thing where one minute I have internet then I turn it off for a bit and come back and it says there are no connections available. I can connect fine on my phone and other devices but my laptop says there are no available networks. Not sure what kind of computer I have... My solution to this problem was just to do a network reset on my computer and it always worked but the process is getting annoying and this is happening more frequently. Any idea on how to fix this? 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    That sounds like a driver issue where the wifi card isnt waking up after going to sleep, next time it does it, head into device manager and see if the wifi card is there

It may be worth turning off the power saving for the wifi card as well, if you right click the adapter and head into propties, there will most likely b a power management tab, head into that and untick allow windows to put this device to sleep. Also check in the adapter options if there is a low power state setting

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @belleebb,

May I know the full model name of your unit.